Grandma and Charlotte

Grandma and Charlotte
Sweetest!

Monday, June 24, 2013

recovery

Sitting here this morning feeling woozy from the pain meds and working on indexing, I am so glad that is working again on my computer. It just needed a little attention from Lee and Voila! it works. Surgery was an interesting experience. The one thing that struck me over and over was the same questions were asked by everybody and my answers were always "No", and they would be so surprised at how healthy I am. Can't do much about preventing what the surgery was for except a few years ago I could have stopped doing anything at all and that would have driven me nuts. Got to be moving or you just freeze up and then what's the point of living? Everyone was so kind and helpful. Lee was right there with me until they took me back and put me out. Couldn't eat anything afterwords and was hooked up to a machine that kept beeping every time my oxygen dropped below 90 and my heart rate dropped below 50. I remember being really annoyed cause all I wanted to do was sleep. The next day when I realized that I had been able to do the four tasks necessary to be released I told them I wanted to go home even though I could have stayed till Saturday. Everyone was very nice but home just sounded better. So home I went on Thursday after many admonitions from the doctor and the nurses to take it easy and don't do anything. Lee has taken very good care of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment